Has anything like this happened with you before?
– You just puked all your thoughts in front of a stranger and felt so light at heart?
– Experienced absolute comfort and calmness when you (felt as if you had) removed your heart and kept it in front of someone, you came to know recently?
– Met the person for the first time and instantly clicked with that person?
– Shared, even some of your darkest secrets without thinking twice with that person?
– Just felt like your chats or talks should have no pause button and should just go on forever?
– Your mind says that you are mad at that person, but your heart refuses to believe it and you feel incomplete without talking to that person?
– When you finally get that chance to vent all your anger out on that person, suddenly, all the anger vanishes in thin air and all your are left with, is a smile?
If the answer to any of the above questions is yes, then, you are just another ME. 😛
You know what, sometimes a stranger can be a better listener than someone you have known for so long. You become so carefree while talking to them because one main factor is that the person won’t judge you. This is a very big reason that stops us from approaching our friends. We have this thought back in our head ki “kya sochegi/sochega woh mere baare mei, ki meine aisa kaise kar diya?“
I have been that stranger, as well as the one mentioned in those situations above, a lot of times; And trust me when I say this, it feels as if you lost 10 kg of weight in no time. I don’t know how to explain it, but there is a distinct force of connection that you feel with the person, which makes you blabber everything so easily.
Also, another important thing is trust. Normally, it takes time to trust people and open up in front of them. But there are always some exceptions. Till now, I can’t understand the fact ki, kahan se aa jata hai this enormous amount of trust, for that person.
Another funny thing that can happen to you is that, you would not have met the person till date, or maybe just once or twice, but that doesn’t affect your connection. In fact, it makes it even more stronger and stable. You both have that anxiousness to get to know more about each other.
I have a few people in my life, whom I haven’t met till date or just met once/twice, but the bond I share with them, is way beyond just sending ‘I miss you’ messages or lowey dowey emojis. They hold a special corner in my heart and surprisingly, it all unknowingly started with this “secret revelation session” only. 😛
AND… you wouldn’t even realise when this bond will blossom into a very beautiful, pure and never-ending relation which is called, “friendship”.
* The word stranger here doesn’t literally mean a stranger. It just means someone you haven’t known for long, someone you met/started talking to, recently.
Topic and content inspiration: My favourite stranger (who is a dear friend now) ❤